Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Francois Boucher The Rape of Europa painting

Francois Boucher The Rape of Europa paintingMichelangelo Buonarroti The Creation of Adam paintingMichelangelo Buonarroti Creation of Adam painting
"No need to tellme!"
He smiled and pressed numerous buttons, as though typing out a message on the console. "But I'm not whatyou think I am, either."
I ordered him to stop temporizing and open the Belly-door -- and wondered how I'd open it myself if he refused, for it seemed to have neither knob nor latch.
"Just what I'm doing," he said. "You'll have to put your ID-card and Assignment-list in this slot now -- mine's in already, from last time."
"I'll bet it is." I foiled what I took to be his strategem by producing the card I'd got that morning from Ira Hector. But if Bray was surprised at my having one after all, he managed to conceal the fact. Moreover, he ignored my sarcasm and merely remarked that inasmuch as WESCAC's "Diet program" provided for scanning and evaluating trespassers into the Mouth-room like ourselves, he'd taken the opportunity to ask it a few questions on the matter of the GILES, which he thought I might be interested in having verified before we proceeded. I accused him once again of delaying his inevitable end; but it was satisfying nonetheless to see WESCAC affirm unequivocally (as it could not do through

No comments: