Sunday, August 31, 2008

John William Waterhouse The Lady of Shalott painting

John William Waterhouse The Lady of Shalott paintingLeonardo da Vinci The Last Supper paintingLeonardo da Vinci Mona Lisa Smile painting
flattered to imagine a note of jealousy in her veto -- but it fretted me to see so little getting done in the way of Peter Greene's education. For that reason I was receptive to Dr. Sear's next suggestion despite the prurience of his tone, which the intercom did not conceal.
"About this goat-Business, George: you want some sort of voucher from me that you're strictly human, is that it?"
"Ithink that's what I want," I said. "My Assignment saysOvercome Your Infirmity, and it might just be that --"
"Conscious depravity," Dr. Sear said crisply. I begged his pardon.
"Conscious depravity," he repeated. "What could be humaner?" I believed he must be alluding -- with a tisk of the tongue, as it were -- to the behavior of his wife, who now besides waving her brittle posteriors was nibbling a memorandum-pad between bleats, and winking lewdly. But he went on to ask, rhetorically, when a goat, or any other animal thanHomo sapiens, had ever done a flunkèd deed from simple relish of its flunkèdness. If in the history of studentdom, he maintained by way of illustration, a goat had ever humped a lady girl (as Halicarnassides records in his oldHistories, for instance),

No comments: