Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mark Spain Night Light

Mark Spain Night LightMark Spain Forever YouMark Spain Flamenco II
wish the lady to come out,” it said. “You must say to her, if she does not come out, we will play with you some more.”
“What will you do to us if she does come out?” said Shawn.
“Oh, we shall still play with you,” said the elf. “That’s what makes it so much fun. But she must hope, must she not? Talk to her now.”
He was pushed up to the door. He knocked on it, in what he hoped was a respectful way.
223
Terry Pratehett
“Urn. Miss Queen?”
Magrat’s voice was muffled.
“Yes?”either side of the doorway, and one put his pointed ear to it.
Then it knelt down and peered through the keyhole, tak-ing care not to come too near the metal of the lock.
There was a sound no louder than a click. The elf remained motionless for a moment, and then keeled over gently, without a sound.“It’s me, Shawn.”“I know.”“I’m out here. Um. I think they’ve hurt Miss Tockley. Um. They say they’ll hurt me some more if you don’t come out. But you don’t have to come out because they daren’t come in there because of all the iron. So I shouldn’t listen to them if I was you.”There were some distant clankings, and then a twang.“Miss Magrat?”“Ask her,” said the elf, “if there is any food and water in there.”“Miss, they say—“One of the elves jerked him away. Two of them took up station

No comments: