Thursday, April 2, 2009

Edward Hopper Night Windows

Edward Hopper Night WindowsEdward Hopper Lighthouse HillEdward Hopper Hotel Room
OH, DAMN, he said. And walked into the fire.
‘Um. It’s me, Librarian,’ said Windle, trying to shout through the keyhole.’Windle Poons.’
He tried hammering some more.
‘Why won’t he answer?’
‘Don’t know, ‘ said a voice behind him.
‘Schleppel?’
‘Yes, Mr Poons.’
‘Why are’
‘Oook!’
‘That’s - that’s unfair!’
‘What’s he saying, Mr Poons?’ you behind me?’‘I’ve got to be behind something, Mr Poons. That’s what being a bogeyman is all about.’‘Librarian?’ said Windle, hammering some more.‘Oook.’‘Why won’t you let me in?’‘Oook.’‘But I need to look something up.’‘Oook oook!’‘Well, yes. I am. What’s that got to do with it?
‘He won’t let me in because I’m dead!’
‘That’s typical. That’s the sort of thing Reg Shoe

No comments: