Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sandro Botticelli Madonna with the Child

Sandro Botticelli Madonna with the ChildJean Beraud Le Cafe de ParisJean Beraud La Rue de la Paix
because she was filthy, and she smelled as if she hadn't bathed for days.
"Laura? Lara?" Will said.
"Lyra."
"Lyra… Silvertongue?"
"Yes."
"Where is your so in the flick of an eye, and from a goldfinch he became a rat, a powerful pitch-black rat with red eyes. Will looked at him with wide wary eyes, and the girl saw his glance.
"You have got a daemon," she said decisively. "Inside you."world? How did you get here?"She shrugged. "I walked," she said. "It was all foggy. I didn't know where I was going. At least, I knew I was going out of my world. But I couldn't see this one till the fog cleared. Then I found myself here.""What did you say about dust?""Dust, yeah. I'm going to find out about it. But this world seems to be empty. There's no one here to ask. I've been here for… I dunno, three days, maybe four. And there's no one here.""But why do you want to find out about dust?""Special Dust," she said shortly. "Not ordinary dust, obviously."The daemon changed again. He did

No comments: