Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bartolome Esteban Murillo Annunciation

Bartolome Esteban Murillo AnnunciationSteve Hanks ReflectingGuan zeju Reflecting
chauffeur me to a tryst in the Belfry with his tramp of a wife, I had another think coming. . .
"I'm not the one she's to meet there," I interrupted pleasantly; "it's Harold Bray."
He managed to accuse me of jealousy and mendacity, but I saw he was alarmed.
"I'm going to drive Bray out," I told him. "Among other things."
"I'll bet you are. So you can take his place!"
I shrugged. "One thing at a time."
He glared at me furiously. "You're as false as he is!"
"Bray's not exactly a phony," I said. "But he must be driven out. Would you like to do it yourself, before your wife services him?"
There I had him: except during his extraordinary "reform" back in March, Stoker had an aversion to Great Mall generally and a abhorrence of Tower Hall, its hub and crown. Yet for all his present soot and bluster he was not quite the Stoker of old: clearly he was distressed by My Ladyship's new aggressiveness, and jealous of lovers she chose herself; he wanted the Belfry-tryst prevented, but could not deal himself with Bray (who

No comments: