Monday, August 11, 2008

Philip Craig paintings

Philip Craig paintings
Paul McCormack paintings
Patrick Devonas paintings
After we had done that, and had talked further with the Bayderac and let them talk to us, we called for a Great Consensus, such as is spoken of in the legends and the ancient records of the Year Towers where history is kept. Every Ansar came to the Year Tower of their city and voted on this choice: Shall we follow the Bayder Way or the Manad? If we followed their Way, they were to stay among us; if we chose our own, they were to go. We chose our Way." His beak clattered very softly as he laughed. "I was a half-yearling, that season. I cast my vote."
I did not have to ask how he had voted, but I asked if the Bayderac had been willing to go.
"Some of them argued, some of them threatened," he said. "They talked about their wars and their weapons. I am sure they could have destroyed us utterly. But they did not. Maybe they despised us so much they didn't want to bother. Or their wars called them away. By then we had been visited by people from the

No comments: