Friday, June 6, 2008

Sargent Two Women Asleep in a Punt under the Willows painting

Sargent Two Women Asleep in a Punt under the Willows painting
hassam At the Piano painting
Degas Star of the Ballet painting
Hoffman dying swan painting
What shall we do there?"
"Anything -- cast bait for fish."
"No; we'll go back to Grande Terre. Let the fish alone."
"We'll go wherever you like," he said. "I'll have Tonie come over and help me patch and trim my boat. We shall not need Beaudelet nor any one. Are you afraid of the pirogue?"
"Oh, no."
"Then I'll take you some night in the pirogue when the moon shines. Maybe your Gulf spirit will whisper to you in which of these islands the treasures are hidden -- direct you to the very spot, perhaps."
-89-
"And in a day we should be rich!" she laughed. "I'd give it all to you, the pirate gold and every bit of treasure we could dig up. I think you would know how to spend it. Pirate gold isn't a thing to be hoarded or utilized. It is something to squander and throw to the four winds, for the fun of seeing the golden specks fly."
"We'd share it, and scatter it together," he said. His face flushed.

No comments: