Tuesday, May 13, 2008

mona lisa painting

mona lisa painting
After passing the donjon, which is situated at the extreme end of the left wing, we went to the back of the chateau. Rouletabille, pointing to a window which I recognised as the only one belonging to Mademoiselle Stangerson's apartment, said to me:
"If you had been here, two nights ago, you would have seen your humble servant at the top of a ladder, about to enter the chateau by that window."
As I expressed some surprise at this piece of nocturnal gymnastics, he begged me to notice carefully the exterior disposition of the chateau. We then went back into the building.
"I must now show you the first floor of the chateau, where I am living," said my friend.
To enable the reader the better to understand the disposition of these parts of the dwelling, I annex a plan of the first floor of the right wing, drawn by Rouletabille the day after the extraordinary phenomenon occurred, the details of which I am about to relate.
***

No comments: