Friday, May 30, 2008

Klimt Farmhouse in Upper Austria painting

Klimt Farmhouse in Upper Austria painting
Klimt Garden Path with Chickens painting
Klimt Hope painting
Klimt Maeda Primavesi painting
"Because the bush is in your way. Now -- this way -- now you see, don't you?"
"Yes. Well, there is company there, I reckon. Better give it up."
"Give it up, and I just leaving this country forever! Give it up and maybe never have another chance. I tell you again, as I've told you before, I
-267-don't care for her swag -- you may have it. But her husband was rough on me -- many times he was rough on me -- and mainly he was the justice of the peace that jugged me for a vagrant. And that ain't all. It ain't a millionth part of it! He had me horsewhipped! -- horsewhipped in front of the jail, like a nigger! -- with all the town looking on! HORSEWHIPPED! -- do you understand? He took advantage of me and died. But I'll take it out of her." "Oh, don't kill her! Don't do that!"
"Kill? Who said anything about killing? I would kill him if he was here; but not her. When you want to get revenge on a woman you don't kill her -- bosh! you go for her looks. You slit her nostrils -- you notch her ears like a sow!"

No comments: