Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Battle of Habra painting

The Battle of Habra painting
Judith and Holofernes painting
The lion hunter painting
Maria and Madeleine on the Terrace painting
"So am I, but a kind word will govern me when all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't," said Jo, trying to say a kind word for her friend, who seemed to get out of one scrape only to fall into another.
"You think I'm not kind to him, hey?" was the sharp answer.
"Oh, dear no, Sir. You are rather too kind sometimes, and then just a trifle hasty when he tries your patience. Don't you think you are?"
Jo was determined to have it out now, and tried to look quite placid, though she quaked a little after her bold speech. To her great relief and surprise, the old gentleman only threw his spectacles onto the table with a rattle and exclaimed frankly . . .
"You're right, girl, I am! I love the boy, but he tries my patience past bearing, and I know how it will end, if we go on so."

No comments: